Send an Interac® e-Transfer
After you have created your user profile and a recipient list you can now send an Interac® e-
How to send money by email
- A non-refundable service fee of $1.50 will be charged for sending money by email. The recipient's bank or credit union may also charge a service fee to receive the money.
- It can take 15 minutes or more for the recipient to receive an email informing them that you have sent them money.
- If the recipient has not deposited the money that you sent to them by email, you can send them an email reminder on the Pending Email Money Transfers page.
- If the money you have sent has not been deposited within 30 days it will be automatically deposited back into your account.
- Once money has been deposited by the recipient it cannot be canceled. Be sure to verify the email address before you send money.
- Keep the password secret so that only you and the recipient know the answer.
How to cancel an Interac® e-Transfer
You can cancel an Interac® e-Transfer before it has been deposited by the recipient.
Note that the $1.50 service fee will not be refunded when you cancel an email transfer.
® Trademark of INTERAC Inc. Used under license
*There is a non-refundable service fee of $1.50 each time you send an e-Transfer.
**Transfer time is dependant on internet and financial institution connectivity